Thursday, February 9, 2012

"drawz it" - A Clever New Drawing Tool For Your Classroom

This website "drawz it" is very exciting because students can draw, use the stamp tool, and type in a text box but while you still have the option to download to a computer you can now embed into a blog such as I did below or link it to Facebook, Twitter, Igoogle, Type Pad, Page Flakes and much more!  So teachers who blog in blogger or WordPress can now embed their student art work and basically have a digital portfolio. There is also an option to share to a public gallery!


Create your own drawings at http://www.drawzit.com/!

This is a web based program and from what I have seen so far it does not have any advertising on the site that would be an issue at all. You can also have students email the finished product to you which might make it easier since currently at our school when you download from Tux Paint you can't have your students save to the student share folder. I thought our teachers might want to try this and let me know what you think! I know you will all come up with some clever ways on how to use this cool new art tool!

Stay Techie!

Mrs. T.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs. T - it should be possible to reconfigure Tux Paint to save to a share folder, FYI! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bill its interesting you comment because I was sharing with someone I work with about this and she is going to teach me how to re-configure this! I appreciate you letting me know that though and for stopping in over here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also I just realized you are the creator of Tux Paint so I will be sure to let you know if we can't get it worked out ;)

    ReplyDelete